My absolute favourite TV-show is Family Guy. Yeah, I know it is a cartoon but I can’t help it. It cracks me up and I just love it. My second favourite show on the “telly” is Dr House. His arrogance and way of treating people is right up my ally, it amuses me so to speak. The third and final TV-show that needs mentioning here is Seinfeld. At first I didn’t se the greatness in it but now I just can’t get enough of it and watch it almost every day.
What I like so much about Family Guy is the way they make fun of celebrities. How Peter says something that has actually happened, recent or past, and then shows it in the funniest way. My favourite Family Guy episode is when “Stewie”, the infant of the “Parker” family, travels to the future and finds out he turns out a lonely virgin with a dead end job instead of the world dictator he dreams of becoming. Another episode worth mentioning is when all the characters in Family Guy re-tells Star Wars, episode IV, A new Hope. It is just brilliant with “Stewie” as Darth Vader, “Peter” as Han Solo and “Chris” as Luke Skywalker among others. You just got to love it!
Dr House by him self is funny enough to make you follow the series. The way he uses his “friends” to get his painkillers and how he always knows what other people will do in different situations, no matter what the circumstances are is nothing short of brilliance. He seems to be gambling with his patient’s health but in the end House is always right and saves the day just in the nick of time. Even though you always know it is going to turn out alright for the patients it is still a great show with a nice touch of feel good factor in it. Plus, a few laughs are guaranteed…
If I had to point out the single funniest character I know of I would have to say “George Costanza” in Seinfeld. His way of life and the way he always mess it up over and over again making the same mistakes over and over again is just spot on. He is hilarious! I am not to found of Kramer or Elaine, but George; he’s my man. This one time, of many, he feels lonely and goes back to his ex partner but remembers after only five minutes with her why he hated her guts and left her the week earlier. He panics, of course, and makes a complete mess out of the whole situation, very very funny. When he gets job with the New York Yankees, a dream job for him, he manage to fuck that up as well. This is not a tenth of all the reasons why I love him so much. The way he choose his words and speaks of himself in the third person and how he and his parents always fight because their so different from each other makes me laugh, and what more can you ask from a sitcom about nothing?
onsdag 22 april 2009
Prenumerera på:
Kommentarer till inlägget (Atom)
You have written a very interestng text about your favourite TV shows. I must say, Simpson fan as i am, I haven't really given Family Guy a chance, but you make me want to do just that.
SvaraRaderaWhen it comes to following the writing instructions I can't see that you have frequently used the words we were supposed to, like, unfortunately, therefor, however, etc. In your first paragraph you do use second an third and final.... but that's all I find.
But hey! Keep on writing this good! :) // Lotta